Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Resident Engineer – Mechanical & Electrical
JOB TITLE: Resident Engineer – Mechanical & Electrical
REF NO: J4112
REPORT TO: Senior Resident Engineer
RPS leads the way in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. We work on the most stimulating and challenging projects delivering Ireland’s infrastructure and we are advancing into the UK markets, where we are active on a number of exciting ventures.
Internationally, RPS has a workforce of approximately 5,000 people. In Ireland, we employ over 380 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
We are currently recruiting a number of Resident Engineers to work as key members of our water services team across our offices, in Dublin.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the construction phase of water related projects.
We pride ourselves on delivering a first class quality service to our Clients, based on recruiting, developing and rewarding the best professionals in the business. You will be joining a recognised leader in the delivery of consultancy services to the water industry in Ireland and will be offered a dynamic and rewarding career with varied and interesting projects.
• You will have responsibility for the supervision and associated administration of all the construction works in proposed projects
• You will be responsible for carrying out of all orders and instructions from the Employer’s Representative and Client and other such duties as may be assigned to you by the Client
• Monitors and reports on works being carried out to the Employer’s Requirements and that the Employer’s Representative and Client are fully informed of all issues arising on site
• Monitors the Contractor for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and in doing so utilises any associated Client related instructions or processes
• Review of commissioning plans and monitoring of progress
• Contributes to project team performance by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, reviewing open issues/action items, sharing information in team meetings while focused on project completion within timelines
• Enhances company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments
• Hold an honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification, in engineering
• Chartered Engineer status (or working toward chartership)
• Have at least 10 years’ post graduate relevant experience with at least 4 years’ relevant experience on site supervising Major Capital Infrastructural Works on water related projects
• Demonstrated experience administering contracts using both the Public Works & FIDIC Contracts
• Possess a good knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills
• Ability to lead and motivate, willingly takes ownership of issues and seeks team participation to achieve best solution
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations
• Ability to work in compromising situations and able to devise new approaches to problems encountered
• Knowledge of process engineering would be advantageous
• Excellent IT skills and familiar with relevant computer applications
Having completed the following health and safety training along with relevant certification would be a considerable advantage (state those completed in CV):
o Safe Pass
o Manual Handling
o Managing Safely in Construction (not required for Clerk of Works or Site Technician)
o 3 Day Construction Skills Certification Scheme Signing Lighting and Guarding of Roadworks
o 1 Day H&S at Road Works
o Working At Heights – Harness Training
o Confined Space Entry
The successful candidates will be based on sites throughout the country.
Applicants should indicate in their application the counties that they are available to work in.
Candidates already on the RPS database should not re-apply.
RPS do not require assistance from Agencies at this time
Closing Date: 30th May 2017
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer.