Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Health & Safety Advisor - London, Oxford, Woking
Health and Safety Advisor – 40 hours per week
Competitive Salary – Plus Company Car & Benefits
Based in the Thames Water area
RPS Group is a leading international multi-disciplinary consultancy, employing over 5,000 staff worldwide. Quoted on the London Stock Exchange as a FTSE 250 company and a member of the FTSE4 Good index, we are a secure and stable business in uncertain times.
Our UK Water business employs around 1000 staff and has been providing services to the water industry since 1993. We work for all the UK water and sewerage companies and most of the water-only companies. Our services include Water Networks, Drainage, Software Solutions, Surveying, Design, Leakage Consultancy, Water Resources and Efficiency, Flood Risk and the Water Environment and Customer Service.
In 2015, Thames Water Utilities Limited created an Infrastructure Alliance to deliver its Wholesale Water operational objectives. RPS was appointed as an Alliance Associate in April 2015 and we deliver Leakage Management services in the Thames Valley, Central South and Eastern South areas. We also provide PRV Maintenance services throughout the Thames Water region.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Water Director, you will ensure that day to day activities are completed in line with statutory and Company requirements. You will liaise with line managers in order to ensure adherence to the appropriate H&S strategies and innovations relating to our participation within the Alliance:
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the relevant Health & Safety policies and regulations
• Engender a positive approach to accident prevention whilst maintaining and raising the level of awareness amongst the team
• Advise management and employees on initiatives to improve Health & Safety performance as well as statutory requirements
• Promote safe systems of work; produce Health & Safety plans, risk assessments and method statements
• Assist in reporting any notifiable incidents to the appropriate authorities
• Carry out work place audits; identifying any trends and producing reports
• Investigate and report accidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and make recommendations
• Identify safety training needs
• Understand the requirements of the CDM regulations, the responsibilities of the Principal Contractor and Planning Supervisor and ensure that requirements are maintained
• Liaise with our client and their Health & Safety teams to encourage best practice and changes to achieve a coordinated approach
• Ensure all Tool Box Talks are delivered on time and to the appropriate standard.
• Be educated to degree level in the relevant discipline
• Be IOSH / NEBOSH qualified
• Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
• Have a successful track record in delivering compliance with externally accredited management systems
• Be able to demonstrate excellent collaboration, negotiation and presentation skills
• Have a broad knowledge of Health & Safety achieved through practical experience in a line manager capacity
• Possess the ability to influence senior management teams
• Have proven audit experience
• Be able to relate to, and interact with all levels of employees
• Hold a proven track record of being able to explain complex requirements in simple language.
Ready to Join Us?
We offer a great range of employee benefits as well as the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include: a contributory pension scheme, 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays, share incentive plan plus tax efficient benefits.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer.