Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Senior Analytical Chemist - LC
If you are an experienced LC Analyst looking to develop your analytical skills on some of the most challenging compounds in some of the most difficult matrices, then this could be the position for you. Working in a fast-paced analytical laboratory, using state of the art instrumentation (including the flagship Agilent 6495 LC-MS/MS systems), we provide bespoke analytical testing services across a wide-range of different compounds and matrices.
Reporting to the LC Section Head, the successful candidate will be expected to work autonomously, effectively managing a team of scientists. The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the theory of LC-based techniques, and have prior experience of troubleshooting both instruments and analytical methods. The role will also involve mentoring and training junior members of staff as required. This challenging role will provide the successful candidate with a varied workload, and an opportunity to contribute towards future expansion of our operations.
• Significant demonstrable experience (minimum 3 years) working within an accredited analytical testing laboratory, working with HPLC, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS systems.
• Able to demonstrate the capability as well as experience of developing LCMS methods/applications from concept through to validation to final delivery.
• Demonstrable experience of a range of sample preparation techniques, including liquid:liquid extraction and solid phase extraction A high degree of flexibility will also be required to deal with the varied matrices and compounds required for testing by RPS’ clients.
• Experience working within an environmental testing laboratory analysing for trace levels of a range of environmental contaminants in difficult matrices would be highly advantageous.
Competitive salary with benefits including:
• 24 days holiday + bank holidays
• Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year
• Company pension scheme
• Group Disability Scheme
• Share incentive scheme
• Life assurance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
RPS is an equal opportunity employer.