Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Project and Senior Project Highway Engineers
JOB TITLE: Project and Senior Project Highway Engineers
REF NO: J4099
REPORT TO: Technical Director, Highways and Transportation
JOB TYPE: Permanent
RPS lead the way in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. We work on the most stimulating and challenging projects delivering Ireland’s infrastructure and we are also advancing in the UK markets, where we are active on a number of significant ventures.
Internationally, RPS has over 5,000 people developing pioneering, revolutionary ideas on strategic, sustainable policies and projects. In Ireland, we employ over 390 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
We are currently recruiting Project and Senior Project Highway Engineers to work as key members of the Roads and Transportation Team, in Galway.
With RPS, you will be joining a recognised leader in the delivery of consultancy services in Ireland and across the globe. You will be offered a dynamic and rewarding career bringing variety and an opportunity to work on interesting projects. We pride ourselves on delivering a first-class quality service to our Clients, based on recruiting, developing and rewarding the best professionals in the business.
With commitment to lifelong learning, we offer a comprehensive and structured, professional training and development programme.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
• A Degree in Civil Engineering as a minimum; a masters qualification is advantageous
• Minimum of 4-6 years’ relevant experience in road design and/or transport planning
• Road and junction design experience would be advantageous
• Chartered (or near chartered status)
• Proficiency and experience of transport/traffic modelling packages including Arcady, Linsig etc. would be advantageous
• Excellent IT skills and competent in relevant BIM applications (incl.: AutoCAD & AutoCAD Civil 3D)
• Experience with SATURN would be advantageous
• Knowledge and experience of data analysis within a transport context
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Contract Documents experience would be advantageous
• Knowledge and experience of the Irish and/or UK markets
The role involves inter alia:
• Working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams involved in the design, procurement and contract supervision of highway, transport and infrastructural projects
• Ability to lead and motivate themselves, takes ownership of issues and seeks team participation to achieve best solution
• Working on projects in a collaborative Level 2 BIM environment
• Compliance with RPS systems
• Ensure understanding of project management objectives
• Engagement with clients and design teams for project delivery
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Occasional short-term travel within Ireland and the UK
RPS do not require assistance from Agencies at this time
Closing Date: 23rd April 2017
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer.