Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Project Engineer - Flood Risk Management
RPS Group is an International Consultancy employing around 5,000 people worldwide. We provide advice upon the development and management of the built & natural environment and the exploration and production of energy and other natural resources. Due to an increasing workload, RPS is seeking to recruit a Project Engineer to join our Flood Risk Management team. This post offers flexibility to be potentially based in Glasgow or Edinburgh but duties may require travelling throughout the UK and Ireland.
• Demonstrable previous relevant experience of working in an engineering consultancy on flood risk management, coastal and catchment management or similar water related projects.
• A sound knowledge of hydrological analysis and/or fluvial or coastal hydraulic modelling packages.
• Experience in working on drainage, sewerage or related water projects with utility companies would be advantageous.
• An interest in working with a diverse range of UK and Irish clients.
• A full driving licence.
• MEng or equivalent degree
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Undertaking hydrological analysis and hydraulic modelling of river and coastal systems
• Engineering design for Flood Risk, Drainage and environmental engineering projects
• Liaising with other members of the Flood Risk Management Team to deliver an effective service to our clients.
• Supporting senior staff in business development activities.
In return, RPS offers an attractive remuneration package and full support in further training. Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS's business, key responsibilities may evolve and change over time.
To apply for this role, simply forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer.