Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Associate Director/Technical Director - Flood Risk
RPS Group is an International Consultancy employing around 5,000 people worldwide. We provide advice upon the development and management of the built & natural environment and the exploration and production of energy and other natural resources.
Due to an increasing workload, we are looking to recruit an Associate Director/Technical Director (depending on skills and ability) to join our Flood Risk Management team. This post offers flexibility to be potentially based in Glasgow or Edinburgh but duties may require travelling throughout the UK and Ireland. This role will involve the management of an increasing workload across Scotland for a range of public sector clients and has significant potential for career progression.
• Demonstrable previous relevant experience of working in an engineering consultancy on flood risk management, coastal and catchment management or similar water related projects. Ideally for Central and Local Government clients or utility companies.
• Successful track record of winning and delivering work; the ability to identify business opportunities and deliver projects.
• Highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to manage projects; leading teams involved in flood risk management plans, feasibility studies and detailed design of flood alleviation schemes.
• A good all round knowledge of hydrology, hydraulic modelling, flood risk optioneering, detailed design an contract management would be advantageous
• Knowledge of the Scottish Flood Risk Management and Water Industry markets.
• A full driving licence
• Chartered Engineer or Scientist (Ideally Chartered or approaching chartered experience within the next year with ICE, CIWEM or equivalent.
• MEng or equivalent degree
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Managing hydrological analysis and hydraulic modelling of river and coastal systems
• Managing engineering design for Flood Risk, Drainage and environmental engineering projects
• Development and growth of RPS: Flood Risk Management business within Scotland
• Responsibility for delivery and quality of service to our clients
• Preparation and management of bids
• Working with Senior RPS Management to assist in ongoing Business Development outside Scotland.
In return, RPS offers an attractive remuneration package and full support in further training. Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS's business, key responsibilities may evolve and change over time.
To apply for this role, simply forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer.