Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Principal Geotechnical Engineer
The RPS Group is major global energy, planning and environmental consultancy with over 5,000 staff and with offices across the UK and Europe, Australia, SE Asia, Middle East, Russia, Africa, America and Canada. Our Health, Safety & Environment Division provides consultancy on property, land and businesses for planning / development, due diligence, and operational management purposes.
This is a fantastic time to join RPS. We are looking to recruit highly motivated and ambitious employees to work on a wide variety of high-profile projects. With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back up team, we are able to offer unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career. Owing to continued growth of the geotechnical team a vacancy has arisen for a proficient and experienced geotechnical engineering professional.
• Geotechnical engineering management of a range of onshore/nearshore development projects in the residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure sectors;
• Overall management of intrusive site investigations, acquiring high quality geotechnical data and interpretation of results;
• Geotechnical production/review of desk study, interpretative & design reports and engineering specifications and drawings;
• Highly competent in geotechnical design for deep and shallow foundations, basements, slopes, earthworks, ground improvement and retaining walls including use of recognised geotechnical software packages; and
• Client management, business development opportunities, and line management responsibilities
• An undergraduate degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or similar related geoscience discipline and a post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, similar related discipline is mandatory;
• Ability to independently undertake and review engineering specification and geotechnical design of shallow and deep foundations, slope stability, retaining walls, earthworks and ground improvement in accordance with Eurocode recommendations and using various geotechnical software packages;
• Experience of organising, designing, and managing intrusive onshore/nearshore site investigations, and site supervision of geotechnical construction works;
• High quality client management skills along with attendance at technical, business development and various internal/external client meetings; and
• Robust understanding of relevant legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice.
• Appreciation of environmental issues within Geotechnics, preliminary risk assessment and remediation techniques; and
• Membership of professional organisation, commitment towards continuing professional development and have achieved chartered engineer/geologist status.
Competitive salary with benefits including:
• 24 days holiday
• Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year
• Company pension scheme
• Share incentive scheme
• Life assurance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
We are an equal opportunities employer.