Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Staff Accountant
Reporting to the Controller, the Project Accountant will:
• Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Relationship Managers (RM), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, subcontractors and vender invoices.
• Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Manager, as to your observations and actions taken.
• Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
• Enter accounts payables with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses.
• Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
• Make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.
• Monthly analyze the P & L accounts monthly, as assigned by the Controller.
• Prepare balance sheet account reconcilements, as directed by the Controller.
• Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
• Prepare special project analyses for the RMs and PMs.
• Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
• Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Controller.
• Communicate and coordinate with the local offices.
The ideal candidate must be a disciplined and detail-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity who is capable of contributing to day-to-day transactional processes while managing long-term projects, plus:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
• Intermediate computer literacy, including experience in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
• Knowledge of Deltek Vision Software a plus.
• Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
• Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
• Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Manager, as necessary.
• Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment a plus.
Salary between $45,000.00 and $55,000.00, enriched benefits, 401K.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunities employer.