Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Clerk of Works for Road Construction Projects
JOB TITLE: Clerk of Works for Road Construction Projects
REF NO: J4051
REPORT TO: Employer’s Representative
LOCATION: On site
RPS lead the way in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. We work on the most stimulating and challenging projects delivering Ireland’s infrastructure and we are also advancing in the UK markets, where we are active on a number of significant ventures.
Internationally, RPS has over 5,000 people developing pioneering, revolutionary ideas on strategic, sustainable policies and projects. In Ireland, we employ over 390 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
We are currently recruiting a number of Clerk of Works staff to work as part of our site supervision teams on a number of road construction projects.
With RPS, you will be joining a recognised leader in the delivery of consultancy services in Ireland and across the globe. We pride ourselves on delivering a first-class quality service to our Clients, based on recruiting, developing and rewarding the best professionals in the business.
• The successful candidates will have responsibility for the supervision and monitoring of all construction works on proposed projects
• You will be responsible for carrying out all orders and instructions from the Employer’s Representative /Resident Engineer/Designer’s Site Representative
• Monitor and report on works being carried out to the Employer’s requirements and Resident Engineer ensuring that the Employer’s Representative and Resident Engineer are fully informed of all issues arising on site
• Monitor the Contractor for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and in doing so utilises any associated Client related instructions or processes
• Contribute to project team performance by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, reviewing open issues/action items, sharing information in team meetings while focused on project completion within timelines
• Enhance company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments
• Have undertaken a recognised apprenticeship or other course leading to Junior and Senior Trades Certificate or hold a recognised Level 6 or higher qualification in the National Framework of Qualification in Engineering. The candidate should ideally be a Member of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Building Inspectors
• Have at least 10 years’ relevant experience of road pavement construction works, preferably in a supervision role including the laying and compaction of hot rolled asphalt and other road pavement materials
• Have experience administering contracts using the Public Works Contract Forms
• Possess a good knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills
• Ability to lead and motivate, willingly takes ownership of issues and seeks team participation to achieve best solution
• Capabilities to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations
• Capacity to work in compromising situations and able to devise new approaches to problems encountered
• Excellent IT skills and familiar with relevant computer applications
Having completed the following health and safety training, with relevant certification would be a considerable advantage (Please state those completed in your application):
• Safe Pass
• Manual Handling
• 1 Day H&S at Road Works
The successful candidates may be offered positions on projects anywhere within the ROI.
Current needs are for projects in Counties Cavan and Wexford.
Applicants should indicate in their application the counties that they are available to work in.
Closing Date: 2nd April 2017
We do not require the assistance of Agencies at this time
We are an equal opportunities employer.