Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Senior Consultant - Environmental Liability / Transactions Team
This is a fantastic time to join RPS. We are looking to recruit highly motivated and ambitious employees to work on a wide variety of high-profile projects. With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back up team, we are able to offer unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
A vacancy has arisen within a highly regarded, well established and dynamic team on the provision of environmental assessments for property and corporate transactions and planning/redevelopment scenarios. We provide a range of assessments (incl. desk studies, ‘Phase 1’ reports and audits) to a multitude of high profile global investment and transaction clients.
Responsibilities will include:-
• Preparation of environmental desk studies and Phase 1 Environmental Assessments for transaction / liability purposes and to support planning applications;
• Undertaking site history and sensitivity reviews, the development of conceptual models and identification of liability and development constraints;
• Site inspections across the UK;
• Consultation with regulators (i.e. Local Authorities, Environment Agency) as required;
• Supporting the wider environmental team in environmental auditing and site investigation projects as required;
• Supporting the preparation of bids and fee proposals;
• Client liaison and attendance at meetings in support of senior team members; and
• Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, developing new clients).
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:-
• An enthusiastic, flexible and pleasant confident personality;
• Highly organised, motivated and able to manage their own workloads;
• Passionate and informed knowledge on environmental issues;
• Excellent report writing skills with good attention to detail and the ability to clearly present / discuss projects with colleagues, clients and Regulators; and
• Ability to collect and interpret environmental data and information.
• Degree in an environmental / geological or similar subject preferably with a related Masters Degree;
• 3-5 years professional experience of applying liability/contaminated land principles to a range of projects and experience undertaking site inspections, preferably within a consultancy context;
• Knowledge of current UK environmental legislation, policy, guidance and procedures – especially contaminated land and some key operational environmental regulations;
• Solid verbal and written communication skills, both on a technical and commercial level;
• Experience of working on multidisciplinary projects, including property due diligence, planning assessments and environmental compliance auditing would be advantageous;
• Experience of undertaking formal second opinions and reviewing geo-environmental reports and an understanding of site investigations would be beneficial;
• Flexible approach to work to meet client deadlines and a willingness to travel as required within the UK;
• Proficient IT skills, including the ability to use MS Word and MS Excel;
• Membership of professional organisation (e.g. IEMA, CIWEM) and commitment towards continuing professional development and working towards becoming Chartered; and
• UK driving licence.
In return, we are offering you the opportunity to develop your career with one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies together with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• 24 days holiday + bank holidays
• Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year
• Company pension scheme
• Share incentive scheme
• Life assurance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
We are an equal opportunities employer.