Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Safety Manager, Seismic Operations
RPS Energy Canada Ltd.
The RPS Group is an international consultancy providing advice upon the development of natural resources, land and property, the management of the environment and the health and safety of people.
RPS Energy Canada Ltd., based in Calgary, Alberta, is a subsidiary of RPS Group PLC. RPS Energy is the leading independent broad-based oilfield consulting group in the world. Our activities include seismic project management, processing and interpretation, wellsite geology, geological and geophysical studies, petroleum engineering and renewable energy consulting.
RPS Energy provides Technical, Commercial and Project Management services to the energy sector worldwide. Our energy business operates worldwide from regional offices in Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Malaysia, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, Russia, Brazil and Africa.
Position Title: Safety Manager, Seismic Operations
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Current Position Information: The Safety Manager, Seismic Operations is responsible for providing in- office and field operations support to the Operations team in Canada.
Successful candidate will assist the Operations Team on Seismic HSE management services, which will include the following:
• Safety and Loss Control Management
• Manage and maintain Corporate Safety Program
• Manage and maintain Safety Policies and Procedures
• Perform Health and Safety Compliance Management system audits
• Develop site-specific safety orientations and assessments
• Review and report all health and safety concerns
• Schedule and conduct company OH & S committee meetings
• Maintain compliance with current OH & S legislation
• Administer Injured Workers Light Duty Assignments and the Return-to-Work program
• Coordinate and assist in conducting investigation of all accidents, injuries and near misses
• Conduct safety inspections, audits, site orientations, weekly toolbox meetings
• Represent the Company at Board of Review inquests or investigations
• Monitor/upgrade Office Safety Inventory/Supplies
• Review the maintenance of safety equipment
• Monitor/manage/track inspections for equipment that requires annual certification
• Conduct audits of subcontractor safety programs and pre-qualifications
• Coordination of worker training (First Aid etc.)
• Assess operational risk (hazard identification/risk assessment)
• Maintain compliance with the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program
• Maintain HSE reporting to clients
• Maintain the company’s Fire Safety Plan
• Ability to travel for short periods of time to various locations
• Other duties as required
The successful candidate should have the following minimum requirements:
• Post secondary education preferred
• Industry specific training and accreditation (Enform SFOS, Incident Investigation & Root Causes)
• Minimum 5 years progressive supervisory/management within Seismic Operations
• Results focused team player with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Ability to develop lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
• Entrepreneurial attitude combined with exceptional technical and communication skills and a collaborative approached towards clients and colleagues
• Extensive knowledge of seismic operations and methods is essential
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications
• Knowledge of Canadian Health, Safety and Seismic Regulations
• Knowledge and maintenance of ISNetworld
• Applicants must be willing and able to work in both office and field environments
• Applicants must be flexible, willing and able to work weekends and holidays during busy season
• Applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada
Delivering results for our clients enables RPS to offer rewarding careers to our staff and create long-term value for our shareholders. We employ some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable staff in the industry.
RPS offers a comprehensive total compensation program that is competitive within the industry, including:
• A Competitive Base Salary
• Outstanding Benefit Plan
• Generous Vacations and Earned Days Off
• Fitness and Health Assistance
• Share Purchase Plan
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank those who apply; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer.