Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Maritime Associate/Technical Director
Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow
RPS Group is an international consultancy employing around 5,000 people. We provide advice upon:
• The development and management of the built & natural environment;
• The exploration and production of energy and other natural resources.
The Infrastructure Business Stream, providing services across the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland, wishes to recruit an Associate/Technical Director to join our Maritime Infrastructure Sector, based in Scotland/Northern Ireland.
The Maritime Sector within RPS has been responsible for some of the UK and Ireland’s most prestigious port developments. These include acting as lead designer for Stena Line’s new £50m Loch Ryan Port; one of Scotland’s projects of national importance. We are also engaged on many exciting projects within the offshore wind, wave and tidal sectors.
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
• Engineering design for Ports and Harbours including structural concrete, pile design and geotechnics;
• Management of workload and staff utilization;
• Liaising with other members of the Ports and Harbours and Offshore Renewables Team to deliver an effective service to our clients;
• Business development and preparation of marketing submissions.
It is envisaged that travelling throughout the UK and Ireland will be required with occasional short visits oversees.
We are looking for a Chartered Engineer with the following attributes:
• A MEng or equivalent, hold Chartered Membership (ICE, IEI or equivalent) and extensive post-graduation experience;
• Significant design experience of ports and other marine structures;
• Previous experience of leading a team of Maritime Design Engineers and Technicians;
• A sound knowledge of UK design codes, Euro codes and specifications;
• An interest in working with a diverse range of UK and international clients;
• A full driving licence.
In return, RPS offers an attractive remuneration package.
We are an equal opportunities employer.