Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Senior Reservoir/Simulation Engineer
RPS Energy Canada Ltd.
The RPS Group is an international consultancy providing advice upon the development of natural resources, land and property, the management of the environment and the health and safety of people.
RPS Energy Canada Ltd., based in Calgary, Alberta, is part of the RPS Group’s Energy Division and a subsidiary of RPS Group PLC. RPS Energy is the leading independent broad-based oilfield consulting group in the world. Our activities include petroleum engineering; wellsite geology; seismic project management, processing and interpretation; geology and geophysical studies and renewable energy consulting.
RPS Energy provides Technical, Commercial and Project Management services to the energy sector worldwide. Our energy business operates worldwide, with projects being managed from regional offices in Canada, the UK, USA, Singapore, Russia, Australia and Malaysia.
Position Title: Senior Reservoir/Simulation Engineer
Reports to: Manager, Integrated Projects & Development Planning
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
The Role: We are looking for a Senior Reservoir/Simulation Engineer to take an active role in delivering high quality consultancy services to Clients. The successful applicant will have extensive industry experience in reservoir studies for conventional and unconventional (including thermal) reservoir developments, encompassing:
• Conventional, unconventional and thermal reservoir development techniques
• Reservoir performance analyses based on a solid technical foundation in all aspects of reservoir engineering, and the use of state of the art workflows, methodologies and software.
• Reservoir modeling studies including black oil, compositional and thermal simulation tools;
• Resource estimation and economic evaluations, in compliance with Canadian and international regulatory requirements
• Project and interface management with other disciplines.
Main Responsibilities: This is a technical role that will be required to work on and/or oversee multiple projects that often run simultaneously.
Typical projects involve providing technical petroleum engineering input to:
• Field Development Planning
• Production Enhancement and Field Revitalization
• Reservoir and Asset Management
• Reserves Evaluation
• Heavy Oil Developments
• Enhanced Oil Recovery and Greenhouse Gas Sequestration
• Unconventional Gas
• Acquisitions and Divestments
The successful candidate will have the following minimum requirements:
• 15+ years of diverse progressive reservoir engineering experience. Applicants will preferably have both International and Canadian experience
• Preference will be given to candidates with previous consulting environment experience
• Entrepreneurial attitude combined with excellent technical and communication skills and a collaborative approach towards clients and colleagues
• Initiative in solving complex technical problems and decision making ability
• Results focused team player with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment and work without supervision
• Ability to mentor less experienced professionals
• Demonstrated business acumen and an interest in a broader perspective
• Ability to clearly advise clients on technical matters, often at a senior level
• Leadership and mentoring skills
• PC literate and familiarity with state-of-the-art engineering software
• University engineering degree and APEGGA membership
• All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada
Delivering results for our clients enables RPS to offer rewarding careers to our staff and create long-term value for our shareholders. We employ some of most dedicated and knowledgeable staff in the industry.
RPS offers a comprehensive total compensation program that is competitive within the industry, including:
• A Competitive Base Salary
• Individual Performance Bonus Opportunities
• Outstanding Benefit Plan
• Generous Vacations and Earned Days Off
• Fitness and Health Assistance
• Share Purchase Plan
We are an equal opportunities employer.