Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Radioactive Waste Engineer
Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Chepstow, Leeds, Manchester, Oxford, Warrington
RPS has an enviable track record in specialist and multi-disciplinary project delivery for blue chip clients across the UK and abroad. As a result of recent significant project awards and our growth strategy, RPS’ Radiological Service Team in Bristol seeks to appoint Waste Engineers/Consultants with a sound track record of working on nuclear decommissioning or radioactive waste management projects. The Radiological Service Team specialises in the characterisation of radioactive waste, waste management, environmental sampling programmes and providing radiation protection advice to our nuclear and non nuclear clients including Magnox Limited, AWE Plc and Sellafield Limited.
The role will be primarily working on UK projects but there may be overseas projects for appropriately experienced candidates.
The posts offer excellent opportunity for development, and working towards accreditation as Radiation Protection Adviser and/or Radioactive Waste Advisor.
Key Responsibilities are likely to include:
• Providing advice on radioactive waste characterisation and management
• Undertaking and/or managing radioactive waste characterisation programmes
• Undertaking and/or managing radioactivity surveys
• Undertaking BAT/BPEO/BPM and optioneering studies associated with radioactive waste management
• Supporting our Radiation Protection Advisers
• Supporting environmental auditing and assessments of nuclear and industrial sites
• Preparing Environmental Permits and supporting information associated with radioactive waste
• Bid/proposal writing
The successful candidates will be:
• Educated to degree level in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geology or other environmental management related discipline
• Ideally MSc or PhD qualified in either: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Waste Management, Radiation Protection or other Environmental related subjects
• Excellent level of literacy and communication skills and the ability to prepare clear professional (technical) reports.
• Have a sound understanding and/or Experience of radiation protection and radioactive waste characterisation and management
• Knowledgeable and experienced in Environmental Permitting Regulations relating to radioactive substances
More experienced candidates will be:
• Experienced in project management
• Experienced in bid and proposal writing
• Business development and client care
The role involves both office based work but also a variety of site based activities. Candidates will need to hold a full driving licence and be willing to travel across the UK.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package together with the opportunity to develop your career with one of the UK’s leading Consultancies.
RPS is an equal opportunities employer
To apply, simply forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer.