Details of your selected vacancy are outlined below.Reservoir Engineer
Dorset, Henley-on-Thames, London
RPS GROUP PLC – Energy Division
The RPS Group is a planning and development, energy resources and environmental consultancy with over 4,750 staff worldwide. RPS Energy is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, providing Technical, Commercial and Project Management Support services in the areas of oil and gas operations, geoscience, petroleum engineering and HS&E to the energy sector worldwide. RPS Energy services the oil and gas, renewables and nuclear sectors from operating bases in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and Malaysia.
RPS Energy has an established track record with numerous major clients within petroleum engineering. We are embarking on a major programme of further expansion in this sector and are seeking the right individual to support this expansion with immediate involvement in high profile flagship energy projects.
Role: Reservoir Engineers required
Location: Henley-Upon- Thames,Winfrith and London, with considerable travel
Proposition: To sustain and significantly grow the provision of consultancy services and provide input to the long-term management strategy.
In general the role of the senior reservoir engineer in RPS is deliver high quality consultancy services to Clients, and to perform several business development and staff & project management tasks (subject to experience and seniority). Projects might include:
• Carry out, either as part of a team or as an individual, classical and numerical reservoir engineering studies and evaluations;
• Design and interpret of oil and gas well tests;
• Reservoir fluid characterisation;
• Participate and sometimes manage in integrated reservoir studies;
• Formulate field development plans;
• Identify and support business development;
• Perform Client-facing tasks and manage Client relationships;
• Coach and develop less experienced staff.
The candidate should possess:
• Good engineering an science degree(s)
• Proven track record for a minimum of 5 years as a practising reservoir engineer
• Reserve estimation and production forecasting skills
• Must have experience of standard industry software
• Must have reservoir simulation experience, preferably with the leading commercial products
• High quality report writing skills
• Inter disciplinary project management
• Excellent communication skills
• Energy and enthusiasm, with a focus on results and the ability to work effectively on your own as well as with different multi-national organisations
Excellent base salary & benefits package.
We are an equal opportunities employer.